Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oil for Your Lamp - Your Daily Deal for 08/25/2011

Inspired Faith®  By Beliefnet with Simple Truths® Gift Books Art Jewelry Newsletters
Inspired Faith Daily Deal
Thursday, August 25, 2011
follow usfacebooktwitter
Oil for Your Lamp
by Lisa Hammond and BJ Gallagher
You Pay
12
worth
discount
you save
16
25
4
Show me the Deal
About this Book

Mother Teresa said, "To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it." Most women are so busy filling the lamps of the people they love that they let their own lamps run low. They spend so much time and energy taking care of their children, husbands, aging parents, friends, neighbors, bosses, coworkers, and others, that they often neglect themselves.

Our new book, Oil for Your Lamp, is about women learning to take care of themselves first – not last. Written by "Femail Creations" catalog founder Lisa Hammond and inspirational author, poet, and storyteller BJ Gallagher, this wonderful new book speaks to women of all ages, from all walks of life. We celebrate women who light up the world...and we want to lovingly remind them to keep their own lamps filled.

And according to Lisa and BJ, women must fill their own lamps first, not last...least their oil runs low and their flames flicker out. Here's a short story called "Pumpkin" written by Lisa Hammond. I hope you'll enjoy it.

"Pumpkin"
From Oil for Your Lamp
by Lisa Hammond and BJ Gallagher
 

I always wanted to be the best mom in the world – but I've rarely been able to live up to that standard. I stayed at home when my kids were little and didn't start my business until they were both in school. When my daughter Harlie was in fifth grade and my son Bridger in kindergarten, I gave birth to my new business. I had so much going on – kids, husband, home, and now, a start-up. What I didn't have was sleep!

I recall it was late October and I was scrambling to get ready for my first serious holiday season at work. Bridger's teacher had scheduled a Halloween party for his class. Since I am not Martha Stewart, rather than sew Bridger's Halloween costume, I ordered it from a catalog. On the day of the party I got Bridger all dressed up in his green tights, green shoes, bright orange round pumpkin and matching stem hat. He looked adorable. We raced out the door and I dropped him off at school on my way to the office.

I had only been at work for about five minutes when I received a phone call – it was the school. Bridger was on the phone in tears.

"Mom, you had the wrong day!" he sobbed. "The Halloween party is tomorrow!" He was the only child at school in a costume. He had been hiding in the bathroom when his teacher found him.

Now I was in tears, too. I made the "drive of shame" home to get Bridger's school uniform and then back to the school so he could change. I'll never forget this angry little boy – dressed like a pumpkin – waiting for me when I got back to the school. The look on his face still haunts me and I cringe when I think about it – a "bad mother" day, for sure!


More about this Great Book
Today, we're pleased to offer Oil for Your Lamp with a Free DVD for just $12, regularly $15.95, a savings of 25%. It makes a wonderful gift for any occassion.

For more information, to look inside this great book or to view the 3 minute inspirational movie, just click here.

Offer expires tonight, 8/25/11 at 11:59pm CST.

This email was requested by: junaldadsense.winning@blogger.com

BeliefNet.com  |  Privacy Statement  |  Change Your Email Address  |  Unsubscribe
 

Beliefnet Inspiration. Spirituality. Faith. This email was sent because you have subscribed to the Beliefnet mailing list. Your email address will not be shared with anyone. You can take your name out of Beliefnet's mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on this email and you will be removed from our list immediately. Beliefnet, P.O. Box 3882, Norfolk, VA 23514-3882.

Report Abuse to abuse@beliefnet.com.
To ensure delivery, add dailydeals@mail.beliefnet.com to your address book.